Happy 2 month birthday! I just wrapped you up nice and cozy in the miracle blanket and I am watching you wiggle and struggle through the monitor, fighting off sleep. You are our spirited little Larkin and this past month has been so fun watching your little personality emerge. (Sorry about the outfit, buddy... we have no white onesies and mommy realized I didn't button you up all the way... we were in kind of a hurry!)
Remembering back, the first month is so incredible because everything is new and it's just so fun introducing you to the people and world around you. Mommy remembers really struggling with how fast you were changing. This past month you have changed even more! But, at this point, I am not sad like I used to be. Instead, it has been even more fun as you have become so much more alert and even a little interactive. You are growing bigger and cuter by the minute and I catch myself sometimes even waking you a little early from your nap just so I can go play with you.
From what mommy and daddy can tell the adjectives we would use to describe your emerging personality at 2 months would be: happy, spirited, alert, active, wiggly, strong, and determined. You typically only cry when you are hungry, tired, or if something is wrong (need to be burped, paci fell out, etc.) and at this point, you are very good at being portable. Mommy has taken you all over town.
One of the highlights of month 2 has been your smile which you flash all the time. You smile for mommy for daddy, for family and even for strangers (and you were just tickled silly when the lady checking us out at Walgreens called you "Big Daddy"). You seem to be especially happy in the mornings, but that smile will come out at all times. The other day it had been a while since you smiled. Mommy was changing you when daddy came home from work. As soon as you saw daddy and he said, "Hey Larkin!" You gave him the biggest smile and a little squeal of delight. It was so precious!
The other highlight is your little voice. You have found it! You started cooing and we think decided you liked to hear yourself talk so sometimes you will go into little "cooing rants" just talking talking to yourself or whoever will listen!
As far as sleeping we are still not sleeping through the night although we are closer! Currently after 8pm we bathe you and give you a little massage then put you down. I have started the 11pm dreamfeed again then you will sleep until around 4. Sometimes it's a little later and sometimes a little earlier. If it's any earlier we try to put the paci in and hold you off. Then you wake up for good at 8 and we start our day! The hardest part for mommy is after your feedings at night for some reason I can't go back to sleep. Sometimes I will just lay there for up to 2 hours after wishing I could sleep. I'm hoping this will stop soon so I can get some more sleep too!
During the day, if you wake early from your nap I go get you and play with you until the next feeding. But at night, when you cry we have started letting you cry it out a little. We were getting tired of putting your paci back in for you. However we've found the last few nights that when you were crying you actually needed to be burped again (although mommy burped you for a long time!). So daddy goes in to burp you and then you have gone right back to sleep. We will see if that fixes the problem or not! It is hard to hear you cry and not respond immediately.
You've been a bit more wiggly during feedings and you now get distracted a lot easier but you've mastered the bottle which has been nice for dates or when mommy needs to get out.
Your favorites of month 2 are still your baths, your mobile, the windchimes, having your hair brushed and talking with mommy or daddy... oh and a new addition to your favorites this month is your little giraffe, Sophie!

Well, little buddy....You've finally stopped your wiggling and fallen asleep as I look on in the monitor. The tiny newborn that used to stare back at me on the screen has now grown into a little baby boy with likes and dislikes and a little personality. This past month has had so many highlights for our family. We are so thankful for you Larkin and can't imagine our life without you. Thank you, Lord for blessing us with the opportunity to parent this precious little life.


Happy 2 Month!
Love,
Mommy

2 months already???? It can't be???!!!!! I must see that little guy SOON before he's all grown up and leaving for college! :)
ReplyDelete