Friday, September 2, 2011

Our Little Talker

Wow, I can't believe it's been 8 weeks, little one! I say little one, but you are getting bigger by the day. This week has been so fun, you are looking us in the eyes for longer periods of time and giving lots of smiles..and... it is like ALL OF A SUDDEN you realized you could talk and you love to hear yourself talk! It started earlier this week with adorable little coos and smiles, and as the week progressed you gained momentum and now you are talking loud and proud!
Yesterday I had Square One at church which is a new mommy's group. I laid you down after nursing and you started talking... and I mean talking! You were cooing over and over louder and louder... you started to wake other babies up and you made all the mommies laugh! It was almost as if you could see and hear the other babies around you and you wanted them to talk back to you... as if you were like "Come on guys, we're all here...let's talk!"


Then after one of your late night nursings last night, you looked right into my eyes; gave me a huge smile, and started talking, talking, talking as if you were telling me a stories about all the dreams you had. It was one of my favorite moments of mommyhood so far.

Speaking of sleeping that is the other new development of the week (not for me, unfortunately but for you :) ). There have been a few times this week where I wrap you all up in your little "burrito" miracle blanket and lay you down for your nap. When I come to wake you up, you still look so peaceful, but your little head was where your feet were and your feet were where your head was.... you had done a complete 180! I could hardly believe it until you started to make it a habit, turning either 90 or 180 degrees almost every nap!

You are our precious little wiggle worm. Your personality is emerging as a curious, alert, happy little man who is so interested in everything around him. I can't wait to keep watching you grow and grow, little man. We love you!


No comments:

Post a Comment

 

© 2011. All Rights Reserved. | Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs