It became most apparent to me on a few nights where Jordan was working late. Piper propped herself up on the front bay window late into the night waiting for his truck to pass by. After a few hours she resigned herself to laying by the door in the hopes of his return. Eventually, at my pleading she gave up and came back to Larkin's room where he was nursing. She laid down by the door and perked her ears up at the slightest noise eagerly awaiting Jordan's return.
When Jordan was sick earlier this week, he quarantined himself to the back bedroom. Piper tried to pull an all nighter with him, laying on the floor next to his bed until I made her get out so he could rest. From there she stationed herself in the hallway whimpering for him to come out.
I have now resigned myself to the fact that I am no longer her number one...As much as I wish I could give her the attention she deserves during the day, it is just no longer the priority. Poor Piper, perhaps a few pieces of chicken under the table might do our relationship some good. Hmmmm... :)

This same thing happened to me with our dog!! I am still kinda sad about it, but I guess I can't blame him....
ReplyDeleteI know... so sad!
ReplyDelete