
I can hardly believe he is ten weeks old today! In addition to finding his hand in week nine, he is responding with smiles and laughter to mommy or daddy making funny faces, a favorite toy, our ceiling fan or to someone talking/ flirting with him. He has been smiling for a while now, but it is even more fun as we can typically (unless he's hungry or tired)can get one out of him in response to something we do!
Today I went back to BSF and was so happy to know 3 dear friends who are in my small group - Melanie Conner, Cayce Rutledge and Holly Seely. I'm so excited to be able to share these next few months with them and to get back more in depth to God's word. My prayer is to not just gain knowledge (which, I think in Proverbs says "puffs up") but to have a real encounter with Christ through His word and be changed because of it. I have felt really thirsty in that area lately and I'm praying through this committment the Lord will realign my life with His Kingdom and quench that thirst that is inside of me. Larkin came with me in small group and lecture and did great (such a trooper!), but it was hard to focus as I was preoccupied hoping he wouldn't be a distraction to others. Maybe next week we will put him in the nursery ...We will see....

When I got home from the bible study Larkin was exhausted. I put him right to bed and after about 30 minutes started looking for Piper. She was no where to be found. Walking through the hallway I heard the tiniest of whimpers and a faint scratch on the nursery door. It was dark when I closed Larkin's door for his nap and she must have followed me in. I had locked her in with him! Poor Piper! It was as if she knew she had to be quiet as she tried to get my attention to let her out. She is such a good puppy.
Well off to do chores before my little pumpkin wakes up! Happy 10 weeks Larkin, I love you!

No comments:
Post a Comment