Monday, August 15, 2011

Ladies Man?


Dear Larkin,

I think you are quite the ladies man. You have charmed strangers, storekeepers and all my girlfriends including some close high school friends we saw this weekend. They were having a girls nightand daddy, you and I stopped by on the way back from our date at Taco Diner Friday night. The girls loved to meet you and loved your Ralph Lauren shoes that Rylie gave you. After dropping you off at home I realized how much I missed girl time. Daddy gave you a bottle and let me go back to catch up with the girls. It was so good to just have some girl time. As they toasted the night with their wine glasses I lifted my hospital water jug with equal gusto, just relishing this sacred time away.
(Lexi and Diana, Debra was taking the pic)

In other news, you had your 5 1/2 week appointment today at the doctor! You have gained almost 2 pounds in a month! You are in the 60th percentile for weight at 9 lb 15 oz. You are 22 1/4 inches which is the 75th percentile I think, and your head although I don't remember the numbers right now is in the 80th percentile :) You are growing! Your newborn onesies are growing snug and mommy tries not to get emotional as she realizes it's about time to pack some of them up.
(Pic of you at the doctor's office with your PAD binder ;))

This week you have given mommy SO many smiles I can hardly believe it! Today Nana was rocking you to sleep and she said you smiled real big and then had the most adorable laugh. I wasn't in the room so didn't witness this myself but can't wait until I hear your little laugh. Your smiles will hold me over in the mean time though. I can't belive how many you give me. It's crazy how quickly you are developing! Your eyes are fading from the deep blue to a lighter blue and you have become much more vocal.

The past two nights you have slept almost 5 hours! (This includes from the beginnig of one feeding to the beginning of another so not quite all of that was sleep). The first night it happened I woke up after 3 hours waiting to hear you cry and couldn't go back to sleep!

(Pic of you and Piper playing this morning)

Well that's it little man, I just wanted to document a bit of our weekend and your doctors appointment this morning. I love you little man!
~Mommy

2 comments:

  1. Liz and Jordan! So glad to have found your blog. Larkin is so adorable and it was so great to catch up on posts of his life so far. What a blessed angel. Congrats guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lindsay, So good to hear from you... I loved reading your blog as well... congratulations on expecting again! Your family is so cute and I know you can't wait to add one more :)

    ReplyDelete

 

© 2011. All Rights Reserved. | Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs