The biggest present was celebrating my birthday with my husband and SON this year (which is still so weird to say!) Larkin sang me happy birthday (via daddy) and even wrote me a birthday card which said something like "waa waa, burp burp" which daddy had translated to "I love you, happy birthday!"
Regardless, it was a special weekend. It began Wednesday when my dad met me to mall walk one morning with Larkin and bought me my first Lululemon work outfit (love it!)Then Jordan surprised me with some beautiful flowers Thursday night and had my breakfast all ready for me when I woke up on Friday.
Friday mom treated me to a lunch in the Zodiak Room at Neiman Marcus, one of my favorite places! Larkin slept through the entire lunch and then afterward we visited the "highly recommended" Nordstroms ladies lounge to nurse (all of my mommy friends spoke so highly of this nursing location and it did not disappoint... yes of course this is all documented with pics)
Mom had given me 3 adorable shirts and jewelry that she had professionally wrapped- the presents looked like a beautiful pedifore!
Friday night we met up with the Simmons. Marina and Mindy had given me the perfect gift- a pedicure while they watch Larkin! I had been craving a pedicure so I am soo thankful and so excited to redeem it!
The next night Jordan and I dropped off Larkin with mom and he took me to our favorite restaurant - La Duni. We would frequent that place so often before Larkin so it was fun going back to eat there. We had great conversation and walked the mall a bit before returning to pick him up. As we dropped Lark off and left her apartment to go on our date Larkin and mom waved goodbye. I love the first pic... it's as if Larkin is saying, "Bye mom, bye dad- have her back before dinner!"
Sunday my aunt and cousin Lauren drove in all the way from Austin to meet Larkin. He loved his Aunt Denise and "Cousin" Lauren. And then, to top off the weekend, Mimi and Pop took us out to Taco Diner for my birthday dinner that night.
It was such a busy week and such a special one. Thank you everyone who made me feel so special, and ultimately I'm thankful we have a God who showers us with blessing even though we don't deserve it.
James 1:17 "Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shifting shadow".

No comments:
Post a Comment