You were born in one of the hottest months on record. With all the talk of 110 degree temperatures, rolling blackouts and conserving water, you would think I would welcome a nice shower to cool off. The shower I received yesterday was of a different sort.
Daddy had come home and decided he wanted to learn how to bathe you all by himself. He asked for my help to supervise the first time. I kneeled down in your bathroom to turn on the bath water and show daddy the correct water temperature. Little did I know, daddy held a naked little Larkin right above me. The rains came down and soon instead of bathing you, my head and back had been showered by your very full little bladder.
Daddy thought this was the funniest thing he had seen in a while and was laughing so hard he couldn't quite aim you another way (so it seems). We were both laughing hysterically as I tried to explain to daddy to never undress you until right before bathtime.
Oh goodness... lessons learned as new parents, you are constantly making us laugh (or I guess we are laughing at ourselves as we learn to parent you).
Love you so much little man,
~Mommy

After the rain shower!

No comments:
Post a Comment