Happy 6 weeks to my little man! Larkin you are growing by leaps and bounds! You are cooing much more and growing so big. I just packed up all of your little newborn onesies. We are on to bigger and better things! We just transitioned you to size 1 diapers.
This morning as mommy was changing you I was getting the new big boy diaper ready when I realized your "tinkler" was pointing to your face as you began to let go. Pee was spraying all in your eyes and mouth. I reacted as quickly as I could but it was too late, your little face was all wet! Expecting to hear wails I was surprised to look and see the biggest smile light up your face...as if you were about to laugh. What a good attitude you have buddy! You made daddy and I laugh as we rushed you for an impromptu bath.
On a more serious note, yesterday in my devotional the Lord showed me a verse that really blessed me. Isaiah 40:11 says "He tends His flock like a shepherd. He gathers the lambs in his arms and carries them close to his heart. He gently leads those with young".
The last sentence was like the Lord whispering it to my heart. "He gently leads those with young." I think I needed to be reminded of His gentleness and tenderness towards me. A stint of a few long nights with little sleep and a precious but fussy little man mixed with some left over hormones left me needing to hear the words of the Lord telling me I was being and would continue to be gently lead by Him.
It was so refreshing to be in His presence and have those words wash over me. To know that as I am learning how to be a good mom and trying to figure out how best to love and parent Larkin I can look to my Shepherd to lead me. Last night Lark woke up almost every hour and a half (we think he had some tummy problems). Despite the exhaustion I felt the Lord's strength enabling me to get up each time I heard his cry and go take care of him with a joyful heart - acknowledging the difficulty and exhaustion but thankful for this gift of mommyhood and looking to my Shepherd to strengthen and uphold me.
I'm so thankful our Lord and His word is alive and active- when I spend time in it, He penetrates my heart with His truths.
I love you Larkin - you are a precious gift from God and daddy and I are overwhelmed with thankfulness for you in our lives!

Love your tinkler story. Isn't it fun having a boy!?!? And that's the most precious picture of Larkin! I have a feeling that will remain one of your favorites for a long time to come. :) Looking forward to seeing you soon!
ReplyDeleteThat is a crazy story! Love the latest photos my dear!
ReplyDelete