Friday, August 12, 2011

Happy 5 WEEKS!


(My FAVORITE pic of you and your cute little rolls)...

I am playing blog catch up as I am determined to document as many of the benchmarks of your growth as I can! Week 5 has come and gone, happy 5 weeks Larkin! This week has brought several fun visitors as you met the rest of your uncles aunts and cousins. As wonderful as it was to have these visitors here, another exciting visitor of your 5th week has been... YOUR SMILE!


It was here before in previous weeks but typically just in the morning after your breakfast or when I brushed your hair. Now your smile has made countless appearances especially when mommy or daddy talk to you!

Week 5 has brought a transition to the crib from your yellow bouncer. This is a slow transition and started mid week with a tip from Aunt Mallory. I elevated one side of the crib by putting some pillows underneath one side of the mattress. Then I put a soft blankie under your head. I think this has helped you adjust although now you are just sleeping naps there and most nights we put you back in the yellow bouncer to keep you sleeping as long as possible!



As far as sleeping goes I've learned your first nap of the day is the best. If there is any sleep to be had by mommy I better try to do it then! At night you are continuing on with your 3 hour cycle. I am told by other mothers eventually you will sleep through the night but right now that seems some far off dream...lately I've had visions of a 6 year old little boy waking every three hours to eat- you had better believe it won't be breastmilk if that's the case!



You still love the paci (which you took to around week 3-4). It has been wonderful for mommy as it is like a safety net while taking you out in public. I'm trying to not let you sleep with it at night or naps, but if you are fussy and it has been less than three hours I cave in and let you have it. Some things just aren't worth the fight :)

You've done so well this week as we have been out and about more. You have shown me you can be flexible with napping in your carseat and at Nana's house. I am getting more adventurous and bold in my outings and you have done well to asjust, little man.

My goodness I love you so much and although sometimes when mommy is tired the days can seem long, the weeks fly by faster than I like. As long as you are growing with us in our new little family, though, I'm happy!

I love you little man, happy 5 weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

© 2011. All Rights Reserved. | Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs