Monday, May 7, 2012

TEN MONTHS!

Yesterday, Larkin turned 10 months old!  Which means a year ago I was looking (and feeling) like this....


 So much can change in twelve months..So glad to be going through this HOT summer several pounds lighter and with a sweet little one in tow.  This past month has been a busy and fun one!  So without further adieu....

HIGHLIGHTS OF MONTH TEN:

1. Larkin is now taking 2 naps!  Yay!  His naps are typically from 9:15-11:15 and 1:30-3:15 give or take thirty minutes. 


2. Larkin is eating solids even better.  He LOVES meat - chicken, turkey, fish, you name it and he will stuff it in. His little fingers are getting better at picking up small pieces of food.  He still won't eat fruit though unless it's mashed up and fed to him in a spoon and he HATES bibs.  I have invested in some nice bibs which are designed to stay on, but he thrashes about like an angry bull and pulls and pulls until he yanks it off.  I've learned he is quite strong.


3. He is much more vocal... saying mamamama and dadadada (but he hasn't yet associated words with us so I'm not counting it at first words!)  But when he is really tired he will crawl up to my foot and yank on my jeans crying "mamamama" until I pick him up :)


4. He has started taking formula!  I typically nurse him at 7, 11, 3 and 7 and he eats solids after at 7, 11 and then at 6.  However I feel like my supply is dwindling and so I've been supplementing with formula which he has finally taken!  With just two months left I'm not sure if I will decide to continue or not.. I feel like we are so close that I can perhaps keep it up a few more weeks, but tbd!  When eating solids Piper likes to help clean up the mess.  We are training her to wait for us to give the okay, but mommy caught Piper a little overeager to help Lark tidy up one morning.


5. Larkin has gotten into his first kiddie pool and LOVED it!  I'm really looking forward to watching his reactions and getting him into the big pool more this summer!


6. Mommy had her first night away from Larkin this month as she went to a girlfriend's shower. Daddy is probably the most capable and responsible of all daddies so I wasn't worried but still hoped it wouldn't seem so easy that I wouldn't be missed ;).    He did very well and mommy enjoyed her time away but was happy to come back to her family.



7. Larkin is still army crawling on his belly but has gotten much quicker this month and has started figuring out how to open cabinets and is experimenting with pulling up on things.  He can stand when we stand him up but we have to be very close by which we found out the hard way after a few bumped heads and some big crocodile tears.



 Still at play... Love this pic, he seems proud of his silly mommy


8. Still no teeth.  Uncle Jerod (a pediatric dentist) looked at Lark's gums and says it will probably happen all at once (poor little guy) but that it will probably still be a few weeks away.  Say, "aaah" Larkin!

                   

9.  We braved our first two weeks of this month getting over sickness.  Larkin has developed a strong aversion to the nasal aspirator.


10. Larkin had all sorts of celebrations!  Between 3 grandparents birthdays and an Easter celebration, month ten had lots of parties.  This little one is pooped!


Happy 10 months, pumpkin!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

© 2011. All Rights Reserved. | Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs