Monday, May 14, 2012

Mother's Day

Dear Larkin,
Yesterday was my first official Mother's Day where you were out and about (not in my belly).  It was such a special day for mommy.  I remember the years prior when we were having a hard time getting pregnant this day was always a bit sad.  So yesterday, while remembering friends who are in process of adoption or fertility, I was extra thankful to be experiencing the gift of being your mommy.

Its incredible to think that the Lord hand picked you out of all of the people He has created since the beginning of time to be our son while we are here on Earth.  It's fun to try and wrap my mind around that.  Out of the billions of people He has formed and fashioned, He thought it best to put you in our home and to bring you into the world at the exact time you were born, not a minute before. Your personality, your talents, your spirit and spunk were entrusted to us 10 months ago to help form and mold you into a God fearing young boy who will eventually develop into an independent young man.

These are my thoughts as I reflect on this Mother's Day.  What a blessing, a high calling and a huge responsibility to raise and be entrusted with someone so special, not just to me and daddy but to God. With motherhood comes an even deeper appreciation of the mothers in your life and the sacrifices they made to make you who you are.  I'm so thankful for your Nana who selflessly devoted her life to being our mommy and raising me, Uncle Stephen and Uncle David.  Looking back I know she sacrificed so much on our behalfs.

Not the best pic of the picture, but our gift to Nana:
 

Our Family:


I'm also thankful for your Mimi who raised Jordan to be a godly man and wonderful husband and daddy.  You are truly blessed little Larkin in your grandmothers.

Daddy and you have been in cahoots this whole week.  I've caught daddy whispering to you claiming y'all were discussing mother's day plans.  Well, since you cannot talk yet I have to say your daddy did an incredible job of making mommy feel so special.  From brunch to gifts and cards, cleaning and "daddy duty" I felt so very special and blessed to be your mommy and daddy's wife.

I love you both so much, thank you for making my first mother's day special!

                                      

XO,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

© 2011. All Rights Reserved. | Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs