For example...This week I've noticed a trend when it comes to Larkin's personality out in public. If we are at dinner or if he is in the shopping cart at the store, Larkin will pick a person to stare at and just stare and stare and stare until they look his way. As soon as that person acknowledges little Lark he turns ON the charm. Immediately he smiles real big, turns his head to the side pretending to be shy and sometmies even bats his little eyes.
This has happend so frequently this past week it's gotten to be comical. I can't tell you how many comments I've gotten from people that he is the "biggest little flirt" or he is going to be a "heartbreaker". We even had one lady who worked at Albertsons follow us out into the parking lot and watch us put our groceries away while Larkin flirted with her. Another cashier "Mr. Mike" knows Larkin now by name and truly gets excited each time Larkin comes in.
He has learned how to get attention from people and he is working it! Each time it has happened I've felt like the Lord prompts me to pray. I pray that God will use this joy and ability to brighten others day for His glory and not for Larkin's. That Larkin wouldn't grow up and go through school charming others to get things he wants or even seeking others approval, but that he would be the kind of young man that sees others who are hurting or maybe don't quite fit in and show them compassion and joy. I pray that this gift the Lord has given him to bring light and smiles to others (at least at this point in his life) will be an asset to God's kingdom and not used for his own glory.
...It's kind of neat to have promptings like that and pray for them . I should pray for more I suppose! ... It's a bit less overwhelming and structured; which at this point is good for this busy momma!

No comments:
Post a Comment