Sometimes we pray to the Lord in faith not seeing any tangible response to our requests but trusting He hears, knows our heart and works everything together for our good. However, don't you just truly appreciate those times when He answers a prayer in such a personal or tangible way that it's like He's speaking directly to your heart? It might not mean much to anyone else, but He answers it in a way so specifically in response what you were praying that it just refreshes your heart and assures you He loves and cares for you.
That happened this weekend and my faith has been strengthened beacuse of it so I thought I would share!
Jordan went to spend this past weekend with his good friend, Justin. They had fun fishing, hunting and doing other guy stuff, which this weekend included shooting a hog (Jordan assured me this was an ugly, evil boy hog that was very mean).
While they were gone, more than usual and maybe because of the bad weather, I was concerned and prayed for his safety. As I was praying Saturday night the Lord was answering me by bringing scripture to my heart, reminding me that He has numbered all of our days; purposefully mapped out each one and that we are each untouchable until, by His authority, those days run out. I felt a peace resting in that assurance.
Yesterday morning Jordan came back in town from his trip and as he pulled onto the street next to our house, his car axle broke and the car would not go any further. As he was calling the tow truck, all I could think about was my conversation with the Lord the night before and thank Him for protecting my husband and holding that axle in place until he was off the freeway and right in front of our house. It's as if the Lord said, "See Elizabeth I am in control, I heard your prayer and protected Jordan... I'm not finished with him yet." Thank You, Lord!
I've learned from this to not ignore the promptings of the Spirit when he calls you or reminds you to pray for someone. By praying when the Spirit prompts you, really you are in for a treat.... the ability to watch as He peels back the curtain of His throneroom and witness Him at work on our behalf... For no other reason perhaps than to remind us He is El Roi- the God who sees and who delights to fellowship with His children.
Thank You Lord!
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad
Monday, March 12, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment