HAPPY 8 MONTHS LARKIN!
This has been my favorite month yet. You are even more interactive and (I feel like I say this each month) transitioning from a little baby to a little boy.
There have been so many developments this month, probably too many to document but I want to highlight on some of the big ones so I can look back a year from now and see where you were at.
During the seventh month.....
You got really good at eating solids!
Now you eat a mix of oatmeal and a fruit in the morning, a fruit and veggie (usually one squeezie) for lunch and a meat and veggie or fruit for dinner (2 jars). You don't sit very still while I feed you. You open your mouth real wide and move your head all around. Sometimes I feel like I'm trying to pin the tail on a moving donkey, but I'm so thanful you're eating almost anything I give you now!

You also love a good snack : mum mums and puffs. You can't quite consistently put a puff in your mouth by yourself, but you are working on it.
|
| You and your friend, Price, eating mum mums together. |
You've mastered sitting this month! Your falls are few and far between.
I can eat dinner again! You are now sitting in the high chair at dinner and, for the most part you will eat your dinner and then be content to look around and play with some toys while we scarf down our food. I hope this keeps up, it's so nice to eat again at dinnertime and just ENJOY being out!
| Eating dinner at La Duni |
Everywhere we go you always brighten people's day. I joke that you like to smile at pretty girls, but really you will smile at anyone. Your smile melts hearts and always starts conversations. My prayer is that the Lord will use that smile for His glory and to reflect His radiance to others.
You just started eating every four hours. I think you needed to be able to eat more solids before you were able to make this tranisition. Once you started eating better, we"up"ped the solids, and you were ready. You still seem to need a little cat nap in the evening, I think we are about to transition from 3 to 2 naps. We will see!
In the bathtub, you no longer sit still. As of two days ago, you squirm and turn over like you are wanting to crawl out and swim around in the "big tub". It's almost impossible to bathe you these days.
You still LOVE Piper. If you are fussy in the evening sometimes we will run up to the mall and walk you around (or in the neighborhood if it's pretty outside) OR I will throw Piper her duck over and over which you just think it's so hilarious.
| Checking Piper's nails. |
| I love your little hand in this picture. |
| Arboretum |
![]() |
| Jammy Walks. |
| Backyard Fun |
You were really sick for the first time this month. You had a sinus infection. Unfortunately mommy had one at the same time. We had the nasal aspirator, nose drops and humidifier in your room but it has taken you a while to kick it. I'm hoping it doesn't come back! I learned just how loud you can scream when I tried to clear all the drainage from your nose.
Just recently you've started to become really upset when I leave the room. You start SCREAMING and since you've been sick you get all snotty and then it's hard for you to breathe.
Gosh so many fun memories have happened this past month. I look back at my calendar and I'm shocked at how fast the weeks come and go. I'm so thankful for this season with you and daddy. Life will not always be easy, little one. There are seasons of happiness and seasons of difficulty. My prayer is that I can learn to model to you how to find your contentment in the Lord through each one. He is our true prize. I'm so blessed to have you as my son and to be enjoying such a season of blessing as daddy and I watch you grow. You are my little buddy, my little friend and your smiles are ALWAYS the highlights of my day.
I love you to the moon and back, Lark
XOXO, Mommy




No comments:
Post a Comment