Friday, December 2, 2011

Well... She's a Bookworm

When I was little and my brother would make fun of me my mom would make him give me a compliment.  Thinking he was outsmarting her, he got creative and instead of saying what a great personality I have or how I was kind or pretty, he would smile in a mischevious little way and say, "Well... she's a bookworm". 

It was true.  I remember toting those hardback yellow Nancy Drew books, or any other book for that matter, with me everywhere.  I would literally walk through restaurants or other public places with my nose in the book, glancing up occasionally to make sure I wasn't about to bump into anything.

All this to say, I love to read.  I wouldn't be able to count the number of books I've read in my lifetime if I tried.  I even had a library (yes, with a dewey decimal system) in my room at home when I was little and, yes, my brothers would check out books from me (perhaps just to humor me).

I still love to read.  I am always on the lookout for a new book, so please if you have a recommendation let me know.  I guess it's this love of books that prompts me to share with you perhaps the best book I've ever read.  It's called Unbroken.  I am not a big "war" reader.  Usually I prefer a good romance, but this book is just incredible. 


It is based on a true story of the life of Louie Zamperini, a former Olympic athelete who became a POW.  I really can't say enough incredible things about the book so I will leave it at that and hope that someone who reads this ends up reading it and loving it as much as I did. 


Anyway, just wanted to share as I know good reads are sometimes hard to find!  Happy Friday!

2 comments:

  1. thanks for the tip! I need a new book to read!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good- I hope you like it! The first few chapters are a little slower- but keep reading :)

    ReplyDelete

 

© 2011. All Rights Reserved. | Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs