Thursday, October 6, 2011

HAPPY 3 MONTH BIRTHDAY, LARKIN!!!



Wow... the days can move slowly but the weeks (and months) seem to fly by and so I find myself writing your 3 month birthday blog!

Sometimes I think my goodness, the time is flying by you are SO BIG!



But then I take a step back and I am reminded just how small you still are and how precious these three little months have been!



Ever since I was little when I grew up I wanted to "be a mommy". It has been the best, most rewarding and I am learning, most refining job I have ever been blessed to have.

At three months you are an extremely happy baby. In fact, at any given moment your facial expression will reveal one of two moods:

WORRY . . .





OR GLEE . . .





And perhaps, when extremely tired, the occasional expression of ANGER.



You have hit several milestones this month too, you are laughing and smiling at silly faces...



You are turning over! At 12 weeks and 2 days mommy walked in to find you on your belly! I turned you back on your back and no sooner had I done that than you were back on your tummy! Now at each naptime you roll over, cry for a little while and then settle to sleep.



And we've begun transitioning you to no hands during naptime swaddles and sometimes just one hand at night . . .



You are holding your head up so well . . .



And even starting to be able to have short stints in the bumbo . . .



You are able to hold onto things for longer periods of time . . .



And after holding them for a while you are trying to put them to your mouth . . .



You have been getting out and socializing with other babies . . .







You even made it to the BSF nursery this month! (Although mommy was shaking and had tears in her eyes as she dropped you off).



Mommy has started to put you in big boy jeans (which make you look even older!) And you are getting quite handsome!



But even in new jeans, you've still had a few blowouts this month . . .



That doesn't stop you from being my number one buddy (well number two after daddy!)





Your favorite entertainment at 3 months is flirting with any and everyone, you are a real charmer. . .



You also still love Sophie, having your feet kicked fast by Uncle David, your tummy time mat . . .



Looking at yourself in the mirror . . .



Watching T.V. with daddy . . .



and of course, staring at ceiling fans.



You've gone shopping with mommy and help her keep watch over her wallet.... but your sleep in the carseat is only short lived these days. No long naps in it anymore.



You are still enjoying your bath time and your massages afterwards.



And you are still on a 3 hour schedule, usually eating at 8, 11, 2, 5 and again at 8 or a little before and then we put you down to sleep.

The last few days have been hard getting you to go to sleep. Now that you can roll over, sometimes you roll and get stuck in a corner very upset or flail your arms about now that you are sleeping with them unswaddled. Mommy would have kept the swaddle going longer, but you kept kicking out. This can be tough when you don't want to sleep.

On a more positive note, you are finally sleeping 6-6.5 stints. Yay! Mommy feels so much more refreshed!

We are thankful that you are a happy little boy. You are so loved by daddy and I and we look back at the past three months and already cannot imagine life without you!




Happy 3 month birthday, Larkin!

Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

© 2011. All Rights Reserved. | Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs