This past October, Daddy and I were delighted to find out we are expecting you into our little family! From the very beginning I've had a sense that you were meant to be. What I mean by that is that although mommy is a little overwhelmed at reentering the sleepless nights and adjusting to both a toddler and baby in the house, there has from the beginning been an assuarance and peace that stabalizes that fear.. An absolute certainty that the Lord's providence and hand began molding you from clay in my tummy at precisely the specific time He had for you, and that at just the right moment you will be born and live out your days according to His plan.
Psalm 139:16 "Your eyes saw my unformed body;all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be."
Our first glimpses of you a few weeks ago
We are told you will be here at the beginning of July . . . right around the time your older brother Larkin turns two. You will love Larkin. He is going to be the best big brother to you. Mommy has already been asking the Lord to bless your relationship with each other - that it will be close and rich as you grow up together. When I think of the two of y'all together my heart flutters and gets excited. But I'm afraid it may be a bit of an adjustment for your big brother. I'm praying he will mature easily into the role of being a brother and easily adapt to sharing mommy and daddy with you. I can't wait for y'all to meet and become friends.
Your big brother taking his first look at you
The past three months have been really difficult as mommy has felt very sick - much more so than when I was pregnant with your brother. Any chance to rest or nap has been fully taken advantage of! Of course instead of resting as much as I did during first pregnancy I'm keeping up with little Larkin which I'm sure contributes to not feeling quite as well. But your daddy has been so helpful. He is so excited to meet you too. He loves to put his hands on mommy's belly and imagine you inside and he is already very protective over you. He is the most incredible husband and he will be the best daddy you could ever imagine.
Little one, I can't wait to meet you. I can't wait to know if you are a boy or a girl, what you look like and what your personality will be.
What I know with absolute certainty is that you are loved extravagantly by your Father in Heaven and that you will forever altar the lives of your mommy, daddy and brother who already love you so much and can't wait to meet you.
Until we meet,
Your mommy

Congrats Liz! I am so excited for you all. I really worried about adjusting to two kiddos and also how Max would feel sharing his time with another child...but it has been so much easier than I imagined even with Cora's medical stuff. I will be praying that you feel better soon!
ReplyDelete