The past few nights you wake up screaming. Mommy and daddy go in and you have so much congestion it's pretty pitiful. Although you HATE it, I syringe out huge "snot pockets" and give you some saline to help you breathe better. That lasts a few hours until you are stopped up and screaming again. Poor little guy. I think you are confused as to why you are feeling this way.
Mommy doesn't feel that great either though. I called my mom and thanked her for all of the times she took care of us when she was sick. It is hard to both be sick. While I'm not feeling well, you aren't either and are a lot more needy of being held, etc. However I hope soon you will be on the mend. I feel a bit better today than yesterday. We are hoping to get well because Uncle Stephen, Aunt Mallory and Cousin Luke (and future cousin Anna) are in town!
Doctor said it wasn't a bad ear infection but you had a low grade fever today so on the antibiotics you will go. When Mommy tried to give you the medicine with the syringe you didn't like the taste. You spit out the syringe and the medicine ended up all over your face.
Well, little Lark. I'm glad you've gone so long without having to get on any time of medicine or antibiotics. I know this is the first of many sicknesses but I thought I'd document it so we could look back.
Being a trooper while we wait
Trying to keep your mind off the long wait for the doctor . . .
"Distractions only last so long, Mommy. Get me out of here!"
Love you buddy,Mommy

No comments:
Post a Comment