I can hardly believe it's been half of a year since we were here...
But here we are six months later and my how you've grown!
This month was a busy one as we celebrated your first Christmas and went on your first trip.
![]() |
| Christmas 2011 |
| On your first trip: Colorado |
EATING: One of the big changes of month 6 is introducing solids! You don't really seem to like any of it and we've tried it all- rice cereal, oatmeal cereal, peas, squash, bananas, apples, etc. Out of them all you seemed to like the apples the best, but you usually spit the food back out at me and push away the spoon. We will keep trying each day because my breastfeeding days are numbered.
![]() | ||
| "Peas again?"
|
I also held off dropping the dream feed until we got back from the trip, but we are currently weaning you off of that giving you less each night. These past few nights I've held you extra long. You are so cuddly during this feeding and as happy as I will be to drop it, last night I realized just how much I will miss that cuddle time.
BATHTIME: You still like your baths although there have been a few times when you seem to get scared in the bathtub - so there were a few tears this month.
SITTING: You are still not sitting up and we practice every day with our boppy and bumbo but to no avail. However you still love to roll over from front to back and we often find you in what daddy calls the "skydiving position" on your belly with your hands and feet up and kicking.
SLEEPING: As far as sleeping goes, this month we were a little off due to traveling, but you've gotten right back on schedule. I find that if I put you to bed later than 7:30 it takes you longer to get to sleep and you will cry, but if we hit the sweet spot from 7-7:30 and you have a full belly you are asleep pretty quickly.
You are still taking 3 naps. The first after an hour of being awake and the others have an hour and a half wake time in between. Since you are pretty much hitting each of these perfectly I'm not going to try to scale back the naps yet. We will wait until you seem less tired.
TOYS: You still love your mobile and you've enjoyed your exersaucer and jumper more this month too. Your little body is still a bit wobbly in them and your toes are almost reaching the bottom of the exersaucer, but you can go a good 10-15 minutes without getting upset.
YOUR SMILES: You are still such a smiley and good baby. Everywhere I go people comment on what a good natured baby you are and I'm so thankful that you have such a happy little temperament. This month given us a few belly laughs which totally make my day.
However, when you are tired you do get fussy and since most of the pictures I've posted of you are of you smiling, for accurate documentation purposes I feel I need to show a few pics of how cute you are when you are sad too. Typically it starts out with a pouty lip and a few eye rubs...
And then we digress...
These pics remind me of the song "Mama said there'd be days like this"
I think even sad you are adorable, but.... in genenral you are a happy, sweet little boy who we love dearly - REGARDLESS of your mood!
HAPPY SIX MONTHS LARKIN!






No comments:
Post a Comment