Tuesday, November 1, 2011

My Talented Friends

I have so many talented friends - from event coordinators to graphic designers to just really smart business savvy friends.  Sometimes when others' talents seem so obvious it makes me wonder "Lord how did you uniquely gift me?" Anyway I know He has and I am still in process of finding out and employing those gifts, BUT my purpose in writing this is to show off the talent of a specific friend in particular who is an incredible artist.

The artist: Rylie Caldwell (one of her stunning wedding pics)
Since I have known her she has impressed me with her eye for design and architecture, her ingenuity, creativity and her incredible paintings and artwork.  Not only does she have a personality that puts others at ease and is full of joy, she is also my most talented friend when it comes to being artistic.
I recently checked her blog and saw this table she made while her husband was out of town to surprise him.  She took two wine racks from World Market and a board from Lowes (or some other hardware store) and after a little staining and drilling, she created this incredible dining room table!

Table in process
Then to complement the table and a cow hide rug she had purchased, she whipped up this painting in a day (YES a day!).  I asked her to forward me the picture she used to capture the cow and she sent it along with her other pics.  I LOVE the way she translated the lighting of the original with her use of black and white.   

Isn't this fun? A conversation piece that would be great for an entertaining space.

Her inspiration
As you can see she is incredible and I just had to share her talent with everyone.  My brain has been spinning with the question... what can I hire her to paint for my house ???  :)
The incredible finished product!
I love you Rylie Caldwell!  You have a unique gift that is worth celebrating!  To check out more of her work you can go to http://loscaldwells.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

  1. Wow Liz! What an honor! You are such a cherished friend...love you!

    ReplyDelete

 

© 2011. All Rights Reserved. | Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs