Today was your very first day of Mother's Day Out. Essentially it was your first day EVER of being in a school setting. I think this new change, or at least the preparation for it has been harder on mommy than you.
I am not exaggerating when I say that there were many a tear and sleepless nights wondering if we should enroll you in one or two days. But with daddy's encouragement, lots of prayer and talking with community group we signed you up for two days by faith trusting it is the right thing to do for our family.
Mommy is still a little nervous, but she has been blessed throughout this decision making process as she has watched God strengthen her faith in Him. This past week mommy began having a peace that we were making the right decision for you and our family as it became more and more obvious that this mommy needs a little R&R and you, my little monkey, are going to benefit from this time too.
So... without further adieu... the documentation of Your FIRST DAY OF MOTHERS DAY OUT!
We laid out your clothes the night before...
And woke up early to have a good breakfast!
Although mommy had a peace this last week in our decision to send you to MDO, this morning I was a bunch of jitters and nerves.
Daddy gave you some last minute advice...
And then you waved goodbye to him and we had to finish breakfast and get you dressed and ready.
Finally you were ready to go
And in fact, wanted to drive yourself
Once we got there, mommy forgot to bring in her camera. I was so thankful we saw sweet friend Missy and her daughter Sophia who would be in your class as well as lots of friends from our neighborhood. It helped mommy relax a little and it was nice to talk to some of them with older kids and realize I am not crazy to feel anxious leaving you.
As I handed you over to your sweet teacher, you grabbed on to my shirt for dear life and began screaming like crazy, begging me with those big blue eyes, "Don't leave me!" I handed you over and BOLTED out of there, off to the gym to run off my nerves.
Working out was a good idea, it took a little bit but I eventually relaxed. I left excited about my full day. Still, this mommy may or may not have driven back by the school after her work out to catch a glimpse of you at "recess" happy as a clam on the playground.
So what did I do with my time? Aaaaahhhh... let's just say it was wonderful. Mommy took a shower and for the first time in a long time took my time getting ready! I had a picnic at the park and a pedicure afterwards.
I let my brain check out and just relaxed today. Eventually I'll use these days to get things done, but today I just reveled in the ability to turn off my brain. I hadn't done that in literally over 14 months in the way I was able to today, and it was a huge blessing from the Lord.
And then I was just SO excited come 2:30 to come and get you ! When I came to the door to pick you up, you were crying and looked tired. Teacher said you were teary after waking from your nap but that overall you had a good day!
"Mommy?!"
Larkin's sweet teacher Ms. Beth
Larkin's friend, Sophia
You waved to your teachers and blew kisses to them as we left. It was pretty cute. On the way home you twice randomly laughed out loud as if you were remembering something funny from the day (I'm choosing to think this and not that you were just so excited to be leaving ;)). Although initially you were exhausted... You've been all smiles laughs the rest of the day...I would say you've even been a bit hyper... Probably a little too tired !
Your first day report card!
Love you little Lark! I'm so proud of you (and me)! We got through this first day and I think we both truly were blessed today and that is my prayer for this next season in Mother's Day Out!
Love,
Your Mommy and #1 Fan

Way to go Lark and mommy!!!!
ReplyDelete